Of Counsel (Houston)
Jillian Weatherford’s diverse legal experience includes working for privately-held and publicly-traded clients as in-house counsel and as a transactional associate. She is also experienced in handling and resolving custody arrangements as well as divorce and other family law matters. Jillian has also represented corporate clients in employment law matters and enforcement of non-compete agreements. Clients currently and formerly range from large, corporate in-house operations needing practical business advice on retainer basis to individuals seeking counsel settling divorces, drafting wills, or representation in Federal Court.
Jillian has served as in-house counsel for a national energy services provider and as an associate for a top-tier, international law firm and for a small, boutique Houston firm. Jillian graduated from college with highest honors, as second in her class from The University of Texas at Austin earning her Bachelor of Journalism degree. She was selected to serve as an official host of the University and subsequently elected by her peers to serve as Vice President of The Student Bar Association of The University of Texas School of Law.
Jillian continues to actively participate in the community. Her hobbies include:
- Acting as one of the Houston-area UT Law Alumni Chairpersons
- Volunteering for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Chairing the Houston Area Women’s Center’s “Race Against Violence”
- Serving as a doctor-family liaison for St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital
- Serving as a board member for CanCare’s Young Professionals division
- Being a member of The Texas Exes, the Hispanic Bar Association, and the Houston Young Lawyers Association